Lakeshore Surgical Specialists provides general surgical care including endoscopy, surgical care of breast diseases, surgical management of gastrointestinal and colorectal diseases, advanced laparoscopic surgery, hernia surgery and surgical treatment of endocrine disease.
If you are considering surgery, please schedule a consultation today.
A general surgeon is a specialist who is trained to diagnose, treat and manage patients with a broad spectrum of surgical conditions affecting almost any area of the body. The surgeon establishes the diagnosis and provides the preoperative, operative, and postoperative care to patients and is often responsible for the comprehensive management of the trauma victim and the critically ill patient. The general surgeon has the knowledge and technical skills to manage conditions that relate to the head and neck, breast, skin and soft tissues, abdomen, extremities, and the gastrointestinal, vascular, and endocrine systems.
Surgical services at Lakeview Regional Physician Group include but are not limited to:
- Adult and pediatric general surgery
- Breast surgery
- Surgical management of gastrointestinal and colorectal diseases
- Surgical treatment of endocrine disease
- Advanced laparoscopic surgery
- Hernia repair
- Vascular surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a specialist who is trained to diagnose, treat, and manage the preoperative, operative, and postoperative care of the child. They care for and operate on children whose development ranges from the newborn through the teenage years.
Pediatric surgeons have expertise in the following areas:
- Neonatal surgery - surgical repair of birth defects in the newborn
- Prenatal surgery - detect abnormalities and plan for surgical corrections during the fetal stage of development
- Trauma - surgical care and prevention of traumatic injuries
- Pediatric surgical oncology - diagnosis and surgical care of children with tumors and growths
- Surgical problems of the gastrointestinal tract, such as inflammatory bowel disease, appendicitis, gastroesophageal reflux
- Surgical problems of the neck, skin and soft tissues, vascular and endocrine systems
Critical Care Surgery
Critical Care Surgery is the surgical and medical diagnosis and treatment of critically ill and injured patients, particularly the trauma victim. Specialists have the knowledge, skills and compassion to provide timely, safe, effective and efficient patient-centered care and manage the patient with multiple organ problems. They also coordinate the teams of doctors and nurses needed for the care of the critically ill and injured patient.